Sunday, March 13, 2011

Starts & Scrubs

I've found gainful employment and seeds are ordered and some of last year's seeds have been sprouted and are germinating.  Neighbors have graciously allowed us to make use of one of their outbuildings for germinating our seeds.  It's close and very spacious...good light!  I'm working in housekeeping at a local surgical center.  I work a swing shift 3 times one week and 2 the next.  I am by no means getting rich, but the income keeps me from dipping into my savings.  The facility is state of the art.  The machines, my co-workers and the swing shift I work are interesting, challenging and doable.  My job allows me time to garden and devote time to personal development.  I have purchased biodynamic preparations from the Josephine Porter Institute and I can hardly wait to dig into our compost piles, consolidating the several piles we have and adding the prep's.  I've been reading several very interesting books on the spiritual aspects of gardening.  You probably didn't realize there were spiritual aspects of gardening, neither did I, at first, but the more I read about what we don't know, what we do know about sub atomic physics, the power of intention, etc...the more I realize that magic does exist.  I am still meditating.  I look forward to it every morning and to the stretching that keeps me limber and quick.  The snow is melting.  Winter seems to be departing.  I have started "sitting" outside on the deck facing east.  I listen to all kinds of birds:  robins, starlings, chickadees, pheasants, flickers, swans, geese, seagulls, magpies, song sparrows, waxwings, doves, chickens, ravens, woodpeckers, nuthatches, etc.  The earth is active and alive.  I wish you all the best this spring and encourage you to go outside as much as possible.  I'll keep you posted on the garden as it grows.  

2 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

life sounds good
and spring is in the air
to sit outside is proof enough
so glad you found work and your seed beds look fab, hello to you and billy boy~

ps my word verification below is: billy!

RPiva said...

Good to hear from you. We'll have to go on a hike sometime during the spring!? Be Happy!!

Rick & Bill